Volunteers are the life-blood of the Oasis community – without them, we simply couldn’t do what we do.
Volunteering at Oasis Hub Waterloo is a chance to gain valuable work experience, learn new skills, meet new people and contribute to the life of the community. There are a wide variety of opportunities, whether it’s an hour on Sunday, an entire day during the week, an evening project or something you can do at home — see below for our weekly volunteering calendar, and if you’d like to know more about how to get involved, please email us.
- Waterloo Foodbank, 12.45-2.45pm – email Rebekah
There are a number of opportunities, from making up parcels to chatting to clients
- Waterloo Foodbank, 10am-midday – email Rebekah
- Foodbank Tesco Collection (monthly) – email Rebekah
- Two-hour slots between 10am and 5pm, handing out shopping lists to customers and receiving food donations
- English Language Cafe, 9.30-11am (term-time only) – email Felicity
- Assisting others alongside group leader in confidence building and English skills in a relaxed group. Methods include role-plays, reading, videos, board games and group discussions. Meets in Hub Coffee House.
- Sunday service set-up, 9.30am and 5.30pm – email Nath
- Serving refreshments during the services – email Nath
- Sound team, once every five weeks, from 9am – email Nath
- AV team, once every five weeks, from 10am – email Nath
- Bible readers – email Nath
- Parent and baby room/Tots/Kids from 10am – email Nath
- Hub Youth from 10am – email Stu
- Oasis Centre front desk – email Felicity
- Could you give a few hours during the week to staff our front desk, and be the initial contact point for anyone who comes into the Oasis Centre?
- Reading volunteers at Oasis Academy South Bank, Monday-Friday 8-9am – email Alice
Do you have an hour to spare once a week to read with a student? Every morning during Daily DEAR (Drop Everything And Read) a selection of students read with our Reading Volunteers – this not only helps the students academically but also helps to instill a love of reading.
- Oasis Farm Waterloo, volunteers needed daily – email the Farm team
Did you know we have an urban farm in the heart of Waterloo? Keeping the farm running involves a variety of work and volunteers play a vital role in making our farm a beautiful, productive and welcoming space for the community. We are grateful for the commitment and contributions everyone has made. Please visit our farm volunteering page for more information.
- Debt advice – email Rebekah
Debt advisors set their own hours, usually giving a minimum commitment of two hours per fortnight, at a time which suits them.
- Photographers/video camera operators – email Nath
Are you handy with an SLR or a video camera? We’re looking to improve the photography and videos on our website, and would welcome any help.
- Workshop leaders/course tutors – email Felicity
Are you a pilates teacher? Or a language tutor? Or do you have any other skills that could be used to lead a workshop or course? If you’re interested in this, get in touch!
- Events – email Felicity
From the Waterloo Carnival to the Jamboree, pub quizzes to the Farmers’ Ball, we’re always looking for support when we run one-off events.